It is one of our goals to ensure that you have a smooth storage experience. If you care enough about your belongings to rent a place to store them, you also probably want to know that you are storing them properly. Please consider using the following tips to protect your items:
- Keep items off the ground by using pallets or tarps
- Keep items at least one inch from the wall to protect them from any potential condensation that occurs when there is a dramatic change in temperature (like the ones we experience without much notice in Northeast Ohio)
- Depending on the durability of certain items, consider using totes over cardboard boxes to store your items
- Create an aisle way within the unit so that items can be easily accessed
- When storing items such as furniture or mattresses, be sure to place a cover or tarp over them
- Do not store items closer than 12 inches to doors to prevent door snags and damage to items as well as doors.
- Consider using a product like DampRid to minimize moisture in the air.
- Create an inventory list so that you know what items are in storage
- When accessing the facility at night consider bringing a flashlight. While the facility itself is well lit, not all of our units have over head lights inside of them
- Don’t hesitate to purchase a good lock and be sure your unit is locked properly by sliding the hasp all the way to the right and placing the lock in either whole. The unit will not be locked if the hasp is to the left.
- Be sure to follow our insurance requirement by inquiring about the program we offer or providing us a copy of your declaration page. This is particulary important to ensure the contents of your units are insured.